Today is Friday. I kept Ari tonight. We went to eat so she could watch her dad work, went to sonic because she loves the fact they bring it right to your car for you and watched "meet the robinsons". She was pretty tired but still awake after 9pm when nate came in.
I got new insurance on the car today...woohoo. My life is so exciting.
Went to Stephens show tonight. It was good I got it all on the camcorder. Totally new experience for me. He was nervous but did good.
I have my internet service through the cable company. It went out earlier today about 5pm (actually yesterday) I called because I thought it was my modem. NOT. They reset my entire account so when it came back up I got a screen that tells me to activate my account. My account already exists so naturally that didn't work. I call "tech support". Ok, get off the floor laughing. They reset the modem AGAIN. Now I have a 169. ip address they can't tell me how to fix. They told me.....You are going to love this one......to call microsoft. I told them they were nuts. Called back about 30 minutes later got someone else and they told me it was obviously a problem with all the customers that had their modems reset like mine was and for me to look on a specific website and it would walk me through the step by step process to pick up the correct ip address. HELLOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! no internet...that's why I called.
I could hear the grinding of gears over the phone as the tech support guy was thinking that one over.
Now if you are wondering how I am posting on this blog...well I'll tell ya. if you have a router with a saved Ip address then you can get on a wireless laptop and have internet. My desktop is still a 35lb paperweight until I get in there and tackle it tomorrow. Already have all the info to fix it. Why they couldn't just tell me over the phone I'll never understand. He even told me "we have to draw the line somewhere on helping people". I told him "hey, it was working fine til you messed with it."
Oh another thing. If you have that specific cable company that professes to offer the "ON DEMAND"......Does yours work? Mine hasn't for the entire time I've had cable. They keep telling me it is not available in my area YET. My son lived in minnesota, same cable company, their "ON DEMAND" wasn't working there either. How do companies get away with it?
ok, I'm done fussin.
More about my exciting life tomorrow.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment